February 6, 2009

Some History Egypt Has To Offer


Not all the cool sites we saw were pyramids and sphinxes. (I think thats how you do the plural version of sphinx... it could be sphinxi?) Above is a natural pyramid... pretty cool eh?


It was almost like a scene out of the history channel... people were still working and excavating the ruins... I got a few good shots of them in.


Beautiful Jessica pondering the wonders of the hieroglyphics... she claims she is a pro at reading them.


The most beautiful Emma. I love her hair. If there was one person that I would trade hair with it would be Miss Emma. I sat by her for quite a bit on the bus and she thrilled me with her great conversational skills. Though she called me a liar at every chance she got... which is not true. But she definitely was my favorite person on the Egypt trip... but she'll never know it.

This is Miss Stefanie Tanner. She is a pretty awesome photographer. I usually just take pictures of her taking pictures. I don't know if she enjoys me stalking her.

The lovely Cate and I in front of King Tut's tomb. Cate's real name is Egyptus but she has to keep it on the DL because she is a celebrity in Egypt. It doesn't really help though that she is so beautiful though.

You know. Just us chillin' in front of the Pharaoh's Tombs.

There are seriously a billion pillars everywhere. But not just your average pillar that holds up a huge monument... but huge pillars with beautiful hieroglyphics that covers every inch of them. (and yes they still hold us amazing monuments)

I don't know if I can ever say enough about these two girls. They are seriously a HUGE part of why I love it here so much. They seriously are awesome and most of the time I feel like I'm not cool enough to hang out with them... (let alone sleep in the same room with them) But yeah... That us (room 410!!) standing in front of these pretty awesome looking statues. Though the amazingness of Richelle and Miriam kind of blocks your view. So you will just have to trust me. They were tall and awesome.

Shelby loves looking like a tourist. I try to avoid standing by him at all costs.

Priscilla is my idol for getting men. She says there is no place like the ruins for making a relationship work. (Ok well she may not of said it outloud but I am pretty darn sure she was thinking it.) She is most likely the funniest person I have met- though she pretends like she isn't. I wish I had her clothes.

My favorite Jacobs!! (and more pillars!!)

Nefertiti playing Nerfertitti. They look VERY similar.


Resting on Egypt History.

I know that I have only given you chunks of what I saw and expirenced... and I know even the chunks that I did give you weren't very good (or even comprehensible). I am not very good at writing long descriptions or even remembering what everything was called. If you want more I would check out some of my friends from Jerusalem that are on the side of this blog. They are a lot better at explaining stuff than I am!!

1 comment:

Julie T said...

Okay- I just don't understand why there are no comments here! Your posts are great, your photos are great, you're great! And you're dong a wonderful thing to fill us in- I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and also to apologize for my daughter giving into temptation and re-baptizing you!