January 14, 2009

Wednesday January 14, 2009

Yesterday was definitely a study day. Luckily it was warm outside so I was able to study on the grass overlooking the beautiful Jerusalem... plus I got to take some beautiful pictures of the outside. The classes that I am taking are
1. Old Testament
2. New Testament
3. Ancient Near East History
4. Modern Near East- Jewish Side
5. Modern Near East- Palestine Side
6. Arabic
I haven't decided which one is my favorite yet. All the teachers here are amazing. There is SO much homework though. We seriously have to read 30 pages or more for each class. It definitely isn't just a semester off. Plus the bad thing is that we aren't able to repeat any of these classes... so if I do bad... it's forever!! dun dun dun... and it doesn't help that the beautiful Holy City calls my name at every free moment. I am learning to balance my time for sure here. By balance I mean go out to the city by day and study and cram by night. Though today we only had an hour or two between class... so I just decided to stay in and read. As you can see... I didn't read for very long till I started taking pictures. I mean but seriously... how can you not? I love it here!!

No comments: