January 20, 2009

Tuesday January 20, 2009

I have been so busy I haven't had to time to write emails or even update this for a while!!

On Sunday we had a complete free day so about 25 of us took a tazi/bus to En Kerem (I think that's how its spelled...) which is the birth place of John the Baptist. It is such a cute little town in the hills (so it definitely was a hike). I think that if I knew what Tuscany was like... I would compare it to Tuscany... or some little quaint town of that nature. The view was absolutely amazing and the weather couldn't of been better. We just walked around to the different little churches and shops in the city. My favorite place was the art gallery where this man has been painting for 70 years and his work is beautiful.
After walking from hill to hill a few of us (Miriam, Richelle, Ryan and I) got tired and decided to split from the group and stop at a small gellato place. IT WAS SO AMAZING. They had like a cookie flavor (honestly I don't know what it was) but it was heaven. Richelle and I loved it so much that we had to split a second one.
So because we slacked off on Sunday we had a lot of catching up to do Monday, so that was a dedicated study day (however those usually still turn out to be social because everyone gets together to study... and ends up just talking) It seriously feels like one big family now... I feel pretty close to everyone here (can't say if they feel the same about me though)
We are getting ready to go to Egypt soon which I am excited about... though a little nervous because the staff enjoys telling us horror stories. Basically if you don't get raped, kidnapped or deathly ill you will have a good time... but about 80% of the people got one of those (ok most of it was the sick part... but you could say that their health was kidnapped)
I am constantly tired and hungry... yet extremely happy- which is a good thing because it means I am busy. I am so greatful that I am able to visit all these amazing sites. I am trying to keep up with all that I do... but I am still days behind!! I hope you all enjoy!!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

W-O-W. It's amazing that you get to do this. These places are so awesome! please bring home some of those linen things you put over your face so you can just see your eyes. I want to go on a date with you while you are wearing it that would be the coolest thing in the world, after you of course. love you