January 12, 2009

Monday January 12, 2009


I finally figured out how to upload on this internet... This is our first day of school... notice the awesome backpacks?

Today is Monday, yet it feels like Tuesday since we had classes yesterday (Sunday). No I am not a sinner. We have church on Saturday (as previously discussed.) Having church on Saturday seriously messes your whole week up. You keep thinking that the the day is the day after... when really its not. Confusing right? You just had to read that. I actually have to live it. But its all good. I love it enough to stay here. (Its not like my mom and dad would let me come home if I wanted to anyways.)
We were able to go out again today. We still had to stay in larger groups and be back by 4pm as an extra precaution... but at least its out. I still am in awe that I am walking the streets of the Holy City and so much history is in our backyard. We are hoping that the bombing stops and there is a call to "cease fire" so we can have less restrictions and more freedom to roam about.
Today we went to the Rockefeller Museum (I don't think I spelled it right... but its not like it matters) It was pretty amazing. Lots of bones and pots and carvings. You know. Typical museum ish. I love that stuff. I wish I was able to take pictures inside... but I couldn't. No use crying over spilled milk.
I also had my first Arabic class today. I think its going to be my favorite. The teacher is so funny and I am pretty sure I just laughed the whole hour. And he was the first teacher not to assign us a billion sheets of homework.
Speaking of HW... I should get to it.

No comments: