January 10, 2009

Saturday January 10, 2009

So I had this blog as a requirement for photoclass- and I decided that I might as well put it to good use and use it as a Jerusalem blog.

I don't think I can post any pictures... so it might not be so exciting. But its mostly just for me to keep track of my travels. Its kind of hard to work because its all in Arabic... but hopefully it works.

We have been here for about 3 days- but it feels like longer. Its so amazing to wake up and realize that you are in the Holy Land and all you have to do is walk outside and you have this amazing view. The Jerusalem Center probably has the best view you can find. It is in between Mt. Scopus and Mountain of Olives.
We haven't been able to go out to the city by ourselves yet because there have been several riots going on. But we were able to go on a tour in small groups which was amazing. I hope that we will be able to go out by ourselves soon though! Its soo tempting being able to see it but not experience it.

My roommates are the best roommates I could ever ask for here. It was not a coincidence that we were put together. (Though it may have been better for our sleep if we were separated. haha) I'm pretty sure that no one has had as much fun as us and that they are all jealous. Its crazy how close we have become in such a short time.

I am so glad that I am here and love every minute of it. (Even 4am Muslim Prayer Calls)

PS. If you decided to look at previous posts... please do not expect anything amazing. We just had to post one picture a day for 2 months for my photoclass and tell something about it. They are not good. So don't expect it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay!!! I love love love that you have a blog. Since I am obsessed with blogstalking. I talked to Meghan on facebook last night and got your e-mail since none of us knew how to contact you. She also forwarded me the e-mails you have sent to your family. We were so happy to hear that you are safe! I'm glad you have great roommates and that you get along so well. I know how hard you are to live with! haha just kidding! :) Just don't love them more than you love us! I miss you and love you so much! Keep on having a fabulous time and updating me! xoxo

Jenn said...

We're sure its tempting to see it all and not experience it but we don't want you returned to us in bits and pieces so you stay in your room Kenzie Lou! And stop loving other roommates more than us! We are the best and always will be. Just go hit your head or something so they know how you really are! Do they have knives and locks in Jerusalem? Hahaha just kidding!! We love you! Whitney is still in love with Conner. Tell her to stop. noooooooooooooooo --that was Whit, obviously. Okay this is getting too long we're e-mailing you now.....Whit and Jenn