March 17, 2009

The Rest of Jordan...

A bunch of other things we did at Jordan...

THE BLUE MOSQUE


We went to the Blue Mosque where all the girls had to put on these robes (which made us look like Harry Potter wizards) which were supposed to be like Muslim robes (and kind of smelled)



And Cate rocked it.

One of my favorite pictures... I don't really know why... but I just really like it. (in the Blue Mosque)

JERASH: ROMAN RUINS


Yup. True Blue Roman Ruin.

A really pretty picture of Kara at the Roman Ruin.



Miriam and I... where they would have chariot races and fights (after picture was taken... I beat Miriam to a pulp)

No people... (except for the dancing people)

PEOPLE!!

3 random kids. They think they are something special. Especially Money and Jacob.

3 people that are something special (and the photographer was pretty special too... but in a different way)


I have noticed that there are a lot of groups of 3... interesting. Almost as interesting as this picture. Which is of Miriam and Jessica giving Money a bath. (trust me... he needs it)

THE JORDAN RIVER

Two (not three) kids walking to the river...

Not what I pictured Christ getting baptized in...

But it was still awesome.
(Kara, Lindsay, Marianne and Me)

Especially when you have a gorgeous Miriam standing by the river...
(I am so lucky I get to wake to her beautiful face everyday)

Or Money posing by the river...

Or drinking its contents.

(This has nothing to do with the Jordan River... but he has a caterpillar mustache)

This is Jordan M. He told me a very interesting story about why he was named Jordan (which is inappropriate for this blog) but the main point is that it was after the Jordan River. This was seconds after he told me the story (I was trying to hide shock and disgust from my face)

The Band. We really are a band.

RANDOM

See these? These are THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS!! And whats more awesome then that...

This man (Bro. Skinner who also happens to be my teacher) translated them!! How awesome is that!! (This picture was taken when he was telling us about how he translated the scrolls... He acidently bumped into me and was saying excuse me at the time... hopefully he doesn't see this picture and lower my grade) He is so smart and I love his class!

At the Mecca Mall... where 3 guys tried to pick Richelle, Steph and I up. (and taught us our first Arabic swear word!)



This is Cate's eye. I just like it.

2 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

Holy Smokes. That peace picture of cate's eye is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Please teach me!

cate said...

thank you for capturing these moments. I love your pictures