March 8, 2009

PreJordanian Times

Before I cover Jordan...

I should catch up with a few things...

We have been working on hygiene kits (yeah not original) in the Jerusalem Center... the cool thing is that they are going only a few miles away... to Gaza. I think our goal is about 50.000? I should check on that though... we have done a ton already and continue to work on them.



The Dome of the Rock... up close and personal. I love this picture.... though Tamara forgot to turn around.
The guy who inspired me to get a Polaroid camera.... ok actually I have always wanted one. But I REALLY wanted one after I met him. He was super cool (especially with his camera)

Lo and Behold I found a camera shop with one Polaroid in the window. It was kind of a sketchy place though. I think he had a total of five cameras in the shop (and a whole lota empty space...) and some creepy pictures on the wall. When I asked if I could purchase a camera he said "Yes. Five minutes" and ran out of the store. We were a bit confused, but waited till he came back. When he did come back it was like 7 min later... and empty handed. He said that he didn't have any cameras... but if I wanted to sell him my nice DSLR that he knew a man that wanted it...
Not planning on going back there any more.

In a tunnel under the city! It was pretty awesome... and wet.
I didn't want to ruin my shoes... so I decided to go barefoot. It was the best choice of the day!

Jacob, Nycole and I (people I convinced to go barefoot with me)

The Tradition Lives.

I honestly love painting boys nails. I am pretty sure every semester I have convinced poor boys to let me paint their nails. Its like a secret tradition for me (though its not so secret anymore)

Jacob loved the polka-dots that I did. They were my best yet.

and they made him look extra sexy.

Miriam did a great job with Money's. Though he ruined them later by trying to put his own polka dots on them. (he was jealous because Jacob's were just so awesome)
And JJ. With the Rainbow nails. He looked pretty fly.


We were all pretty styling (though sadly no one offered to do my nails...)

No comments: