March 16, 2009

Petra

Petra: Petra: Most Famous For... Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Which is why it was no surprise to find most of the snack places named after Indiana Jones... and we even found a Indiana Jones look-a-like (aka Matt)
Richelle thought she looked like the female version... I guess that's a personal thing.

To get to the Treasury (and all the other cool sites) we had to walk through these beautiful cliffs (I think they are referred to as cliffs... though they could of had a special name that I just didn't know about) They were so beautiful and the lighting was perfect (for sure a photographers dream... I would put up a billion of them... but it would take a long time and I don't think that anyone really cares)

My first view of the Petra Treasury!



Emma Righteous (she really is THAT righteous... she totally deserves that nickname) Rachael (who I have yet to give a nickname) and ME (I have an abundance of nicknames) in front of the Treasury!!

The whole group in front of the Treasury... we are a handsome bunch (if you could see us)

There was more to see than just the FAMOUS TREASURY! We also saw a theatre... where we decided to put on a mini-play.
Actors/Actresses: Cate (with her deadly dagger) Me (who can beat up Cate with my bare fists) Ken (who always saves the day) Miriam (Who swoons over Ken because he is the most awesome guy in the JC) and Chelsea (who saw a camel shirt/purse/pin/anything that can have a camel on it... she has a little bit of an obsession)


Then we had to walk up to the Petra Monastery which had like 900 steps. It was ridiculous. Mt. Sinai the 2nd. But we had a really cute security guard who let us jam to his cell phone and made sure we didn't fall off the cliff (and helped us up when we tripped... which I did several time... the first time was accident...)


But we finally got there... and it was worth it. BEAUTIFUL!

A group of us sitting inside the Monastery... we were in love with Petra (and Miriam was in love with me)

After that... we wanted to check out the "END OF THE WORLD"...

(I wish I could tell you what I saw)

(Nope. It wasn't Indianna Jones/Matt chillin' in Petra... but close!)

No mom... that wasn't on my hand. But I did write it! (I am Nile and Cate is Egyptus)


This picture deserves a longer story... and I will try to give you another one when I get a picture of Belgium and I (from Miss Stefanie Tanner) but the moral is... that I am pretty good at getting free stuff from the Merchants in Petra. (One even fell in love with me... not a joke)

I will tell later... suspensful eh?

1 comment:

cate said...

dear nile,
thank you for such amazing Jordan memories. You are amazing and i feel SO CELEB to have made it to your blog